Join the Colorado Farm Stand & CSA Community!
Local food is a cornerstone to many of our Colorado communities; keeping it local isn’t just a logo, it’s a way of life!
$50.00 Annual Dues
Farm Stand & CSA Members
- CFMA is here as a resource for you. Members are encouraged to contact us for help navigating challenges you encounter, including support with SNAP/EBT and Double-Up Food Bucks at your farm stands and CSAs, connections to other farm stands and CSAs for ideas and suggestions, regulations, market/community relations, and other challenges/questions you have.
- Problem-Solving Video/Phone Calls. We host these popular calls every 2-3 months. It’s an opportunity to share problems you are facing with other farm stands and CSAs, and to share ideas and best practices.
- Annual Conference. Each year in late February/early March, CFMA hosts an engaging, informational conference to bring members face-to-face with other market managers, vendors, farmers, ranchers, farm stands, CSAs, board members, employees and volunteers who are involved in Farmers Markets and direct-to-consumer marketing. This is a wonderful opportunity to network with other market managers and resource professionals from across the state.
- CFMA is a member of the Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, which means you gain a lobbyist at the Colorado State Capitol, have the opportunity to receive regular legislative updates on legislation affecting agriculture, you are invited to participate in RMFU listening sessions and call-ins, and more!
- VOTE Farm Stands and CSAs are a non-voting membership. At this time Farmers Market members are the only voting members of CFMA.
- FREE SNAP Bucks & Market Bucks to use at your farm stands / CSA. CFMA sends these on request, free of charge, to CFMA members.
- Partnerships. CFMA works with statewide institutions and organizations including the Colorado Department of Agriculture, Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, the Colorado Department of Health and Human Services and Live Well Colorado. Through these partnerships, we engage with local food and farming work around the state and stay updated on policy, funding opportunities, regulations and more that affect farmers markets, farm stands / CSA and other farm-direct business. We share this information on our website, through our e-news, and other platforms.
- Membership with the Farmers Market Coalition CFMA is a statewide member of FMC, which means that CFMA members are automatically FMC members. This gives you access to the wide range of resources and opportunities offered by FMC.
COMMUNICATIONS / PROMOTION
- CFMA Logo Members can feature the CFMA logo on websites, in social media, and on all promotional materials!
- Newsletters Keep up-to-date with the CFMA e-news
- CFMA Member Directory CFMA lists all Farmers Market, Farm Stand and CSA members; members are also shown on our market map.
And more to come! As farm stands and CSAs join, we’ll be looking for your feedback on what a statewide organization linking farmers markets, farm stands and CSAs can offer.
For example, in November we hosted a well-received Farm Stand best practices/problem-solving video/call, and we’ll be scheduling a call for CSAs in January 2020!